Call or Text Today
(859) 600-6529

Probate, Estate Management & Will Drafting

Let’s take on your case together.

If you have been named executor or administrator of an estate, it is important that you administer that estate correctly. It is also crucial that you correctly designate who will receive the fruits of your life and work when you are no longer here.

If you do not choose who receives your legacy, the state of Kentucky has default rules that will do it for you. Protect your assets. Provide for your family.

You should not have to navigate a complex legal system alone. Let us do the heavy lifting for you. Let’s take on your case together. Call/text us today at 859-600-6529.

You can also email us at: or fill out our “Contact a Lawyer” form. We take your time seriously and will get back to you shortly.

Call / Text Us
859-600-MLAW (859-600-6529)
Email Us
We're Here to Help
Fill out our quick "Contact A Lawyer" form at the bottom of this page.

Estates & Wills

  • Creditors must file claims against an estate within 6 months of appointment of representative (or 2 years after death of testator if no representative appointed). KRS 396.011.
  • If you die without a will, your property will go to your family in ways prescribed by Kentucky statutes. This is known as intestacy. The same will occur if a judge deems your will invalid under Kentucky law.
  • Whether a person dies testate (with a will) or intestate (without a will), the court is obligated to set aside $15,000 for the surviving spouse; or if there is no surviving spouse, to the surviving children. KRS 391.030. The surviving spouse need not renounce their rights under the will to receive the exempt portion ($15,000).
  • Provided you stay married to your spouse until your passing, there are important aspects of Kentucky law that you should know. The rights known as “dower” (when referring to wife) and “curtesy” (when referring to husband) entitle a spouse of a deceased individual to certain of their property. The surviving spouse’s entitlement will vary based on whether the deceased spouse did not have a will (known as “intestacy” or dying “intestate”) or did have a will (“testate”). KRS 392.020 and KRS 392.080.
KRS 396.011
"Presentation of claims against estate --Time limitations --Exceptions."
KRS 391.030
"Descent of personal property --Exemption for surviving spouse and children --Withdrawal of money from bank by surviving spouse."
KRS 392.020
"Surviving spouse's interest in property of deceased spouse --"Dower" and "curtesy" defined."
KRS 392.080
"Surviving spouse may renounce will; form to use when renouncing will; share of the surviving spouse in such case; when devise or bequest is in addition to dower or curtesy"

Contact A Lawyer

You can contact Meyman Law, PLLC at 859-600-6529 or describe your situation here and you will receive a call as soon as possible.